Cauliflower soup with Kroon Smoked Cheese
Serves: 4 People | Preparation time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 30 minutes
This delicious and satisfying soup is ideal for lunch, or as part of an evening meal.
– 1 large cauliflower
– 1 large potato, peeled and diced
– 1 white onion, sliced
– 4 1/2 cups hot vegetable stock
– 2 tbsp unsalted butter
– 2 tbsp flour
– 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
– 5 oz Kroon smoked cheese diced
– 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives/salt & pepper to season
– bread to serve
1. Place the cauliflower, potato, onion, milk and stock in a large pan. Bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is very soft.
2. Strain the liquid into a bowl. Set vegetables aside.
3. Heat the butter in a large pan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking continuously. Gradually whisk in the reserved hot liquid to make a smooth sauce. Bring to boil and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes. Stir in the mustard.
4. Add the Kroon smoked cheese and stir until melted. Return the vegetables and season with salt & pepper to taste. Using a hand held blender, blend the soup, leading some texture. Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle withe the chives. Top with extra cheese and freshly ground black as desired. Serve with chunks of bread.