Creamy Kroon Gouda asparagus tart
Serves: 6 People | Preparation time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 50 minutes
A delicious light lunch, perfect served with a crisp green salad.
– 12oz puff pastry dough
– 1lb small potatoes
– 14oz fresh green asparagus
– 4oz heavy cream
– 4 eggs, beaten
– 5oz Kroon Gouda Cheese shredded
– Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Unroll the puff pastry and use to line the base and sides of a 8″ x 11″ tart pan, if the edges overhang, don’t worry just scrunch them up. Prick the base with a fork, then chill while you make the filling.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until tender. Add the asparagus spears to the boiling water 3 minutes before the potatoes are cooked. Drain the potatoes and asparagus and rinse in cold water. then thickly slice the potatoes.
3. Beat the eggs and cream together and season with salt and freshly black pepper.
4. Arrange the potatoes on the base of the pastry, top with the asparagus, sprinkle over the Kroon Gouda cheese, then pour over the egg mixture.
5. Cook for 25030 minutes until puffed, golden and set. Serve warm with a crisp green salad.
When preparing the green asparagus, remove any woody/thick stems by ending bases. They will snap at the point where the woody part begins and ensure the best flavor.