Crispy Sea Bass Filet with fresh bean salad and Kroon Edam Cheese
Serves: 4 People | Preparation time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 10 minutes
This crunchy bean, hazelnut and Kroon Edam cheese salad is served with a citrus orange dressing. Serve with a crispy sea bass filet to create a perfect light lunch.
– 10oz French beans, trimmed
– 2oz hazelnuts
– 1 orange
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 5oz Kroon Edam cheese, cut into small cubes
– 4 x 5oz sea bass filets
– Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil, cook the French beans for 4 minutes, then rinse under cold water. Leave to drain.
2. Place the hazelnuts in a saucepan and lightly toast then place in a bowl with the beans and Kroon Edam cheese.
3. Zest the orange skin and add to the bowl, then squeeze the juice of ½ the orange and whisk the juice with 3 tbsp of the olive oil. Pour over the cheese and beans.
4. Season the sea bass filets with a little salt & pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, when starting to smoke, add the sea bass filets skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp. Carefully flip the fish over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked.
5. Arrange the bean salad between 4 plates and top with a sea bass filet. Serve immediately.
You can serve your favorite fish with this salad. Cod, haddock, sea bream or mackerel all work very well with this crunchy salad.