Spiced vegetable gratin
Serves: 8 People
A delicious spiced vegetable gratin with almonds and Kroon classic Gouda Holland cheese with cumin.
– 3 red onions wedged
– 10oz ripe tomatoes diced
– 2 yellow peppers cut in strips
– 1 ½ lbs broccoli small florets
– 10oz large shiitake mushrooms quartered
– 12-3 oz sliced almonds
– 3 tbsp butter
– 8 oz grated Kroon Gouda Holland Cumin cheese
– Salt & pepper to taste
1. Boil the broccoli in water for 2 minutes and drain.
2. Melt the butter in a wok or frying pan. Stir-fry the onion wedges, yellow pepper for 2 minutes on a medium-high heat.
3. Turn up the heat and add the shiitake mushrooms, almonds and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the diced tomatoes and salt to taste. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes on a high heat. Add the broccoli and mix.
4. Divide the mixture over 8 individual shallow oven dishes or 1 large oven dish. Sprinkle equal amounts of cheese on each dish or all on one.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (a little longer if using a large dish). Serve piping hot.